We teach you how to build a free website for photographer and offer a WordPress template with portfolio for you to edit with a drag and drop tool!
If the answer is “no”, you may be losing an opportunity, because a website is a useful way to demonstrate your work and gain credibility. For this reason (and many others), every photographer must have a website with on-line portfolio.
First we are going to create an information architecture for the free site for photographer:
- Home: featured photo, short presentation and call to see the work.
- About the photographer: simple descriptions about your styles, jobs and experience.
- Portfolio: the best works you have done, organized by categories.
- Contact: once checked your site and portfolio, the client needs to know all the ways he has to contact you (phone number, e-mail and studio address).
The portfolio is the focus of this free site for photographer. Start by separating your work into categories. You understand about that better than we do, but here are some suggestions: Weddings, Parties, Studio and Conceptual.
By posting the images on the site, consider good optimization practices that will make it load faster and get it better placed in Google results. Click here to have some tips to make a site load faster.
We already defined the content and structure for the free site for photographer. Now it is time to start building it. For this, Site.co offers a free WordPress template for photographer.
Some advantages of this free WordPress template for photographer:
- Highlighted images;
- Space for summarized texts;
- Portfolio organized by categories;
- Individual pages for each work;
- Footer for links and quick information (click here to learn how to properly use it).
You will edit this free website for photographer with a drag and drop tool, without touching any line of code. It is easy, just click on the elements on the screen to edit it.
You also get an e-mail account and can use your own custom domain name.